Get Connected!

Come and join our community. Expand your network and get to know new people!

Sorry, we currently have no events.
View All Events

Thank you again Aaron for the pointer to that github page .

My Player One Uranus-C is uncooled but it certainly looks like the same issue.

I will try to compare (a) compiling from source vs (b) using ubuntu ppa packages (and update the github page with relevant information, if any).

Read More...

Also, the Raspberry Pi download page needs to be removed or redirected to the source compile page:

www.indilib.org/get-indi/download-rpi.html

Read More...

How to Clean Your Cricut Mat: Learn the Top 3 Methods Here

A Cricut mat can become dirty after several uses. Sometimes, they may start losing their...
Show more

How to Clean Your Cricut Mat: Learn the Top 3 Methods Here – Cricut Explore

Found your cutting mat dirty? Learn how to clean your Cricut mat here. This post discusses the top 3 methods to clean the mat and…

Hi everyone,

I know this is supposed to work if you've filled in the "Observer" and optical train sections in Ekos, but I still have "Unknown" or wrong values to the FITS headers TELESCOP (shows the mount rather than the telescope), OBSERVER (shows "Unknown") and OBJECT (shows "Unknown" regardless of object name).

If I go to the INDI settings and change manually the Observer name from the CCD camera settings, then that works, but I have to redo it at the start of every session. That also won't solve the TELESCOP and OBJECT names.

I am using the latest Kstars/Ekos (Build: 2024-04-01T20:50:13Z) on the client computer (laptop running ArchLinux), and a relatively recent version of the INDI server (2024-05-16T09:45:03) running on a RPi 4 (not StellarMate, just a regular Raspbian Buster with the Astroberry repo added and indi-full installed).

Am I missing an obvious and simple tick box somewhere?

Read More...

Hi Hades,

Thank you for responding. Unfortunately, the "Celestron SCT" focuser driver does not have a 'Reverse Motion' option and the 'Direction' option does not serve this function -- it only sets the direction if you use the 'relative position' function beneath it ... it does not reverse the direction when using the Ekos autofocusing routine.

-Bret

Read More...

Thank you - I deleted the entire ~/.indi directory and that helped quite a bit. The errors are now gone.

But the Player One Uranus-CCD Indi Control Panel is still missing the temperature display that used to be there before my apt upgrade. I also have a ZWO ASI120MM Mini camera, and its Indi Control Panel shows the temperature.

Read More...

In your case it would be this control:

Read More...

I am using AF3 focuser from DeepSkyDad and in the driver options there is one control which enables me to change the direction of motion. You can check, if such option is also in driver for your focuser.

Read More...

Hi John,

Thanks for the quick response ... much appreciated. Do you mean the "Direction" option under the Indi tab (see attached screenshot)? If so, this has no affect when using Ekos autofocus.-- it only effects the direction when I use/set the "relative position" field located right below it.

Are you referring to a different option under the Indi tab?

-Bret

Read More...

indi-allsky should be able to use the GPS device directly, but it will not be able to directly utilize the SQM device. It would be nice if there were a generic SQM type device and a simulator that could be used to test it, but I am unaware of that.

Read More...

Hello,
I still cannot make a relation between my INDI Touptek Driver 2.1 and your numbers. But I see at lunchpad that some drivers may be old. Because there was no feedback which leads to a solution, we decided to drive 2 hours to our remote site and get back the computer. I made a fresh install to linuxmint 21.3 (was 20.x), installed INDI new from ppa and now the camera works.
Thomas

Read More...

Currently, I am using a TSL2561 sensor controlled with ESPHome. This sensor gives me the value in lux. I convert this value to SQM with Node-RED, which also publishes it in TCP, converting the data as if it were a Unihedron SQM (Sky Quality Meter) reader. The indi_sqm driver connects via TCP to Node-RED, retrieving the value.
The GPS (neo6m) is connected to an ESP32 using the sketch provided by this site: www.forward.com.au/pfod/CheapWifiShield/...fiShield/NMEAbridge/ . Essentially, the ESP32 provides a UDP/TCP server with NMEA data that IndiLib can read with the indi_gpsnmea driver. So far, everything is working... I was wondering if AllSky could also connect (always with the Indi drivers) to these two "services" directly. What should I do to try to connect to the GPS with indi_gpsnmea?

Read More...

Thanks John. Later today, I'm going to try my older Astroberry system. It uses kstars 3.6.9 (I think that's right) and see if it behaves differently.

Read More...

Yes, there's an option on the Indi Focuser tab to reverse the sense of the motion.

Read More...

Hi Folks,

I have an Edge 11" with the Celestron Electronic Focuser attached. For these scopes, my understanding is that focusing should always finish in the CCW direction so that the primary mirror is pushed toward the corrector. When using the Celestron Electronic Focuser, CCW movement occurs when the focuser position value is INCREASING, but the Ekos autofocus routine always finishes in the DECREASING value direction.

Is there an option to reverse the direction of the autofocus routine?

Thank you!
-Bret

Read More...

Hopefully, the indi_gpsnmea device will work with indi-allsky, but I have not tested the NMEA specific device myself.

indi-allsky will not be able to do anything with the SQM data directly, but it is still possible to read that data externally and use it as part of the image overlay.

Read More...